Part Three – LinkedIn Pro Tips
Posted by truecourse / February 17th, 2017
- Promote your LinkedIn Profile – Add LinkedIn custom URL to your email signature, business card and share to your other Social Media Pages.
- Download LinkedIn App – Access your LinkedIn anywhere by downloading the LinkedIn App to your mobile devices. Click here for iOS download. Click here for Android download.
- Join LinkedIn Groups – Groups on LinkedIn is a place for members to share and participate in a professional setting in a specific industry or area of interests. You can join up to 50 different groups, the groups you join will be displayed on your profile. Groups create a connection between you and other group members and allows you to easily connect with a potential client if you already share membership in a group.
- Sync your e-mail contacts & calendars – Syncing your contact information helps you keep in touch with your most important connections. Sync your e-mail to reference your upcoming meetings, meeting history and mail history including the sender and subject line of each of your recent messages. To complete this, go to the “Connections” drop-down menu and click on it. Then on the Connections page, select the Settings symbol. You can sync your contacts, e-mail and calendar here as well as export your LinkedIn connections in case you want to transfer them to another contact management system.
- Add relationship info to your contacts – Go to the connections profile you want to add info about and click “Relationship” in the top section of their profile. This section tells you when you connected and allows you to add in How you Met, Reminders and Notes.
- Add tags to your contacts – Tags are simple keywords to help organize and sort your contacts. Go to the connections profile you want to tag and click “Relationship” in the top section of their profile, then click “Tag”. Check the box next to an existing tag or click “Add new tag” to create one.
- Follow your customers LinkedIn Company Pages – After connecting with your customers, follow their company pages. Pay attention to their updates to gain insight into the biggest news coming out of that company. Customers like when you are aware of what is going on in their organizations as it shows are invested in keeping them a customer.